Gopal's Bookshelf

“The love of books is a love which requires neither justification, apology, nor defense.” - J.A. Langford

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 - Target 40

Happy New Year to all of those reading this!!!!!!!!

As I said in my previous post, it has been long since I updated this blog & even longer since I have written any book review. Of late reading has been on the wane, but nothing like a new year and a new season to look forward to rejuvenate the reading habit.

So this year, I am targetting to read atleast 40 books (novels and everything included, except for the technical books) starting off on my list of books is continuing with the Stephen Frey Series - The Chairman. Post that I am open to any suggestions from my friends, colleagues or even my blog readers about books that are good to read.

I am also particularly looking to expand my horizons into the literary fiction genre, something which I have avoided so far - to my loss as per my friend Pravin. So I'm gonna lookup some books from his shelfari and maybe get started with them.

Also these past few weeks reading through Wikipedia has kindled my imagination on history, particularly Indian History; I would like to read William Dalrymple's series exploring Indian History, particularly The Last Mughal.

I am also planning on catching up the works of Ashok Banker, he's a author whose books in Indian Mythology are a favourite of mine. I am planning on finishing the Ramayana Series by reading the last book "The King of Dharma" which is an omnibus version consisting of "The Vengence of Ravana" and "The Sons of Sita" the Books 7 & 8 of the series. Post that I shall moving onto The Mahabharata Series starting with the "The Forest of Stories".

His next installment of the Krishna Coriolis Series "The Fortress of Dwaraka" is also something I am waiting for.

Continuing on the theme of Indian Authors another book that I am eagerly waiting for is "The Oaths of Vayuputra" from the Shiva Trilogy by Amish. This series has to be one of the best books I have read this year. I loved the first two books "The Immortals of Meluha" and "The Secrets of Nagas". So here's hoping for a early release.

A book I'm currently desperate to get my hands on the fifth in the Shane Schofield Series "Scarecrow & The Army of Thieves" by Matt Reilly. The book is out and I'm searching the nearest outlets if they have it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home