The biggest downer was that I definitely did not get to read as many books that I would like. I also did not blog as frequently as I would have liked. This has more to do with my inherent laziness rather than the lack of time.
Anyways lets bygones be the bygones. I got a similar plan for the upcoming year where I would like to read again 52 books this years, 1 per week. Similarly I would also like to post a blog review on every book I read here. I have not been as prolific as I should have been with the reviews, I post reviews for far fewer books that I have read.
Here are some of the quotes to prompt you to read on for the upcoming year.
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” ― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
- “A book is a device to ignite the imagination.” ― Alan Bennett, The Uncommon Reader
- “Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.” ― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life
- “Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers.” — Charles William Eliot
- “A book is a friend whose face is constantly changing. If you read it when you are recovering from an illness, and return to it years after, it is changed surely, with the change in yourself.”— Andrew Lang
- “The love of books is a love which requires neither justification, apology, nor defense.”— J.A. Langford (This is my favorite quote)
- “No matter what his rank or position may be, the lover of books is the richest and the happiest of the children of men.”— J.A. Langford
Cheers bibliophiles have a great new year !!!